I am not sure when or where I came across this recipe but I have been making it for years. It is my youngest sons’ favorite “summer dish”. Unlike a lot of pasta salads, the guys in my family like this one…probably because it tastes like a deli sandwich.
Here is what you need to make this easy and delicious pasta salad.
- 1 box of multicolored corkscrew pasta (or any other kind you want to use)
- 1 small bottle balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1/2 can of black olives – cut into pieces
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes cut into halves
- 1/2 cup red onion – chopped fine
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese – cut into cubes
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami – cut into cubes
- 1/4 pound pepperoni – cut into cubes
Cook pasta until done. Drain. Put drained pasta into a large bowl. Pour the entire bottle of dressing over the pasta, then stir. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate, make sure to stir before serving. It works as a side or main dish. Super easy!
This salad can be modified anyway you wish. Substitute cheddar cheese for mozzarella, use different meats or vegetables. At the deli I ask them to cut my meat in one big quarter pound chunk.
This post linked to: